Monday, February 2, 2009

Who am I?

I am a feathered boa, floating on a humid breeze.

I am flaky turkey pastries served by the light of a Christmas tree.

I am a Delta accent that gets more pronounced when I get mad.

I am a horse and buggy, toting friends and sharing stories.

I am cypress knees, stubborn as mules, supporting my limbs through the toughest erosion.

I am a Second Line, dancing through loss to celebrate new beginnings.

I am crawfish, tender and firm, savory and spicy, and at my best when in hot water.

I am Mardi Gras, a celebration of joyous proportions, a gathering of friends, a reason to dance in the street.

I am a child born of jazz, blues, big front porches and bigger family gatherings.

I am the bayou, the French Quarter, and the ancient swampland in between.

No comments:

Post a Comment